Monday 3 December 2012

Sweet Potato & PB Dog Treats


Not only will I be beginning my Christmas baking soon for us human types, but also for the dogs in my life. Including my two rotten beasts, and some other family ones. I picked up these super cute baby christmas cookie cutters as well as a bone cutter, and started the search on pinterest and the web. Today, I tried one from Rebecca Ray

I figure that with the buckets of cookies and squares, why not send some delicious home made dog treats home with everyone. 

Sweet Potato and Peanut Butter Dog Treats (adjusted)

2 3/4 cups whole wheat flour
2 eggs
2/3 cup canned sweet potato -- serious, right next to corn and beans 
Liquid from the canned sweet potato, just enough to moisten
3 tablespoons peanut butter

Literally, this is easy.
Mix all ingredients until well blended.

Roll out till about 1/2 inch thick. 
Cut out cookies with cookie cutter and bake for about 30ish minutes, about 15-20 minutes for the baby ones. 

Cool and feed to your dogs! 

Daisy LOVES THEM. Caper, I think he's impartial. Daisy is a food pig. She eats anything.



PS. Why is Pinterest not yet a word accepted by spellchecks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...