Wednesday 7 November 2012

Electoral Relief

I've been avoiding making a political post.
But, with last nights success. I will. 
I know many of the bloggers I follow are Republicans :/

I'm Canadian. I lived in the states during the 2008 elections and that was something.
If I had still been living in the states this year, I think that it would have been too tense. 

Heck, I felt the tension up here. 
The bullshit that kept flowing out of the mouths of republicans... 
How could anyone support that over conservative crap? 

With that said, when it comes to American politics, the best I can do is align with the democrats. 
Though, honestly, they aren't liberal enough for me
(IMO America needs MORE political parties to better represent the population demographics). 

So, THANK GOODNESS OBAMA WON!
I'M SO STOKED. 
I hear the acceptance speech was beautiful. I need to watch. 


I have to admit that yesterday, I didn't want to know. 
I didn't know what I would do if Romney won. 
One of my coworkers suggested that if Romney won we, Canadians, should allow American Women to come to Canada under refugee status (in fear of the right to choose over their bodies). 

What seems even more amazing about yesterdays election is some of the decisions made by states to legalise gay marriage and recreational marijuana use. Wow. Didn't know that US was headed that way. 
And Global news just called it "the social fabric" 
=D

2 comments:

  1. Bravo for posting this!! I'm American, and I voted for Obama mainly because of women's rights to choose what to do with their own bodies. That and I support legalizing marijuana and gay marriage, lol. glad the Canadians are thrilled too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found you via the blog hop!

    I voted for Jill Stein but I'm not going to lie, I had a huge sigh of relief knowing that Romney did not win. I voted for Obama last time and do have confidence that he's a good man with good intentions. Romney I couldn't say the same for.

    ~Aubrey
    Project Lovegood

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...