Saturday 29 September 2012

Sept 29 - National Coffee Day


Did you know today is National Coffee Day?
my secret... I didn't have a coffee today, instead an Earl Grey Latte because I'm feeling under the weather. 

So here's to a post about coffee!

5 Things About Me & Coffee


1. My Favorite Coffee: Kicking Horse Coffee. Nothing else compares. This is definitely our favorite cup of Joe. We only drink the mild roasts, and usually we mix it up. It's expensive, but every now and then it goes on sale at Save on Foods so then we stock up.



2. My favorite Coffee Shop: I'm a cough up. I LOVE Starbucks. I love hanging out there. I love the baristas at my local stores.







3. My favorite 'fancy coffee' drink: Caramel Latte's. Non fat please. Full fat makes it too sweet.

4. How I drink my coffee: mild, 3 cream, 2 sugars.

5. When I started drinking coffee: At Cottey College, 2nd Year. All of a sudden it was 3 coffee's a day....





And this post wouldn't be complete without a few fun facts about coffee!

First - You have to check out the infographic from The Oatmeal! 



Say What Facts

... Turkish bridegrooms were once required to make a promise during their wedding ceremonies to always provide their new wives with coffee? If they failed to do so, it was grounds for divorce! source

... caffeine is on the International Olympic Committee list of prohibited substances? Athletes who test positive for more than 12 micrograms of caffeine per millilitre of urine may be banned from the Olympic Games. This level may be reached after drinking about 5 cups of coffee. source
Coffee might boost male fertility? 

There's a world record for coffe consumption --- 82 cups in 7 hours!

Coffee beans are actually the pit of a berry, which makes them a fruit. The best fruit. source



No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...