We might have small puppies, but these puppies have super dirty little paws. Especially when we go to the dog park (whats up with the dirt at the dog park, it's either WAY WAY dusty or WAY WAY muddy). Anyways, Eric hated putting them on the seats, and I hate when he puts them in the foot wells, so because Pinterest is my lover, I figured I could make my own.
This project didn't start off so well.
We were in Fabricland humming and hawing over how much fabric to buy.
Eric said the car was 3 metres wide. We bought 6 metres of fabric. of both the flannel and the twill.
Our car actually measures at 1.54 metres.
Needless to say, there might be some Christmas gifts to this tune.
The original pinner did a much better job than I did.
But I wanted to keep it simple.
This was one of those Measure a QUAZILLION TIMES.
Only cut once!
I was worried I cut too small considering seam allowances.
Thank goodness this wasn't the case!
I ended up cutting a square. Just the right width of the fabric for the length and width of my car.
I top stitched the whole thing!
My one feedback is that though I did put the snaps like the tutorial suggested, next time I'll just do tie straps. I think that would be just as easy. Plus, snaps cost like $5! Which isn't too bad :P